Traveling cranes or overhead traveling cranes are widely used for lifting and moving heavy and bulky loads through the overhead or roof space of working area. Movement of these traveling cranes is directed by the operator either manually or electrically with a radio remote control. Manually operated traveling cranes are propelled with the hydraulic pump system. Traveling cranes have railed support structure, called a bridge, and a wheeled trolley that travels across the bridge. These cranes are available in a variety of specifications and are used with a number of lifting attachments. Main spare parts of a traveling crane include Bridge, End trucks, Girder(s), Trolley and Hoist.
Types of Traveling cranes :
Different types of traveling crane are as follows :
Single girder traveling cranes
Double girder traveling cranes
Box girder cranes
Truss girder cranes
I beam cranes
Precautions to be taken while operating a traveling crane are :
1. Before operation, ensure all parts are lubricated properly as per manufacturer's lubricating chart.
2. During initial test it should be checked that bridge, crab and other components are clear from roof beam and the wall.
3. Load lifting should be done in stages, starting with not more than 5% of safe working load and increasing these gradually in succeeding trails.
1. Before operating these electrically operated traveling cranes, see that all drum controllers or master controllers are in the off position.
2. It should be ensured that the motors are connected properly and the limit switches cut off the supply of electricity to the motor in a proper way whenever the load exceeds the specified capacity.
3. In case the limit switches are not cutting the electricity supply in the proper direction, then necessary changes should be done with wiring and circuits.
Application Areas :
Traveling cranes are highly used in industries, factories and varied sectors such as :
“I am very happy with tradeindia services because tradeindia provide me better platform for growth of my business and I should thanks to Tradeindia And My Account manager for supporting me each and every time.
“We are very proud to be associated with Trade India, they have an excellent portal and B2B services where Buyers and Suppliers interact together. They generate very good sales leads and provide SMS information of the buyers those who visit the site. We have grown with them and we wish them a fruitful journey ahead.
“ We are very thankful to Infocom Network Ltd. and its services to promote our product through Tradeindia.com on Internet. We get good support from their CRM and getting good Inquiries for Domestic as well internationally. We came to know of several portals but we choose Tradeindia.com for its services and different features we had been member since last 2 years and already subscribe for 2 more years in advance. from our Point of view we think Tradeindia.com is one of the best portals which we came to know from many years of experience of our business. We recommend Tradeindia.com as one of the best portal in online and off-line promotion for business activities. We wish Infocom Team and Specially their CRM Support Team for a great success in coming years and also wish that they will continue doing good work for long period.