DIRECT PADDY SEEDER is one of the revolutionary equipments that changed the face of sowing paddy seeds in wetland field. Direct paddy drum seeder has eliminated the need of transplantation and hours of manual work which will literally break the back of the farmers involved in sowing the paddy seeds to the field. At one stretch with single operator effort, it covers 8 rows of 20 cm row to row spacing at a time. Made up of plastic material, which makes it easy.
PARTS OF DRUM SEEDER:
1. The seed drum is hyperboloid shaped with 200 mm diameter. There are 8 number of seeding metering holes of 9 mm hole diameter. Baffles are provided inside the seed drum between the seed holes to ensure the uniform seed rate in operation as well as to ensure hill dropping of the seeds. Each seed drum has two rows of planting, and four drums are assembled to form eight rows of planting at single stretch.
2. Wheels are provided at both ends. These wheels are made up of plastic material to provide floating characteristics. Wheel diameter is 2 feet.
3. One square shaft, handle base and handle. Four seed drums are assemble together with the square shaft. The handle if meant to pull along.
1. Pudding should be well prepared and leveled.
2. Water should be drained out at least 24 hrs. before sowing to form hard slurrypan of the puddle soil.
3. At the time of sowing only paper thin of water should be maintained in the puddle field.
4. Only just sprouted seeds packed with gunny bag shoul
Last updated on : 29 September 2017