Top Plywood Categories
Explore More Categories
Business Type: Manufacturer | Distributor
VAISHNAVI LAMINATES AND WOOD WORKS PRIVATE LIMITED
Business Type: Manufacturer | Distributor
Plywood Manufacturers | Suppliers in India
|Company Name||Location||Member Since|
|A. K. Lumbers Ltd.||New Delhi, India||16 Years|
|Flamingo Veneers (Green Wood Crafts Pvt. Ltd.)||Rohtak, India||14 Years|
|Shree Umiya Plywood Industries||Mehsana, India||12 Years|
|Goyal Plywood Llp||Sonipat, India||12 Years|
|Bhudev Consultancy||Nadiad, India||11 Years|
|All Design Solutions||Indore, India||10 Years|
|Shree Ambika Hardware & Ply||Vadodara, India||9 Years|
|New Pragati Plywood Industries||Yamunanagar, India||7 Years|
|Shree Udyog||Indore, India||6 Years|
|Nasa Eco Plast||Morbi, India||5 Years|
Benefits of Using Plywood for Furniture and Construction
Plywood is not just a substitute for solid wood. Now, it has become the primary choice for many builders and homeowners. Its panels are typically covered with optimum-quality wood outer ply, which looks just like real wood. Its appearance gets better when a good-quality veneer is applied. When it is pressure-bonded with glue at variable angles, it becomes even more durable and alluring. It has come a long way since its introduction in the early 20th century.
It is the best pick for furniture and construction as it is available in larger dimensions and provides adequate square foot coverage. It can be made to fit all curved surfaces smoothly. Also, it doesn’t split as it has a cross-layered structure. It is an eco-friendly option over other alternatives and has the strength of a natural wood source. It is an extremely popular choice in construction as it has high strength and offered at a low price. It can be used for areas concealed from view but giving high support, such as walls, roofs, floors, garages, etc.
Types of Plywood
It is available in different types, which cater to varied demands in the marketplace.
- PVC Plywood: It is a rigid PVC sheet offered in a matte surface finish. It is made by using a foaming agent in the foaming process of the PVC sheets. It is highly suited for several structural purposes and suffices as a decorative finishing material for surfaces.
- Waterproof shuttering plywood: This plywood comes with a water-resistant attribute.
- Film-Faced Plywood: This is a special plywood with one or two sides covered with waterproof and wearable film. It protects the core from water, moisture, and weather.
- Marine-Grade Plywood: This is an exterior structural panel that has been made from Douglas fir or pine. It is demanded by the marine (boating) industry.
- The variation doesn’t end here; you can explore more.
Advantages of Plywood
There are umpteen benefits of plywood over solid wood, and some of them are mentioned below:
- Increased stability: It has all the inherent advantages of the parent wood and excellent physical properties in its laminated structure.
- High impact resistance: It can effortlessly accommodate short-term overload and is suited for the places where seismic activity occurs. It can also reduce tensile stress effectively.
- Stability of surface dimensions: The cross-laminated structure of plywood ensures that it is relatively stable under temperature changes and high moisture.
- High strength-to-weight ratio: plywood has high strength and stiffness-to-weight ratios. It is apt for all structural applications.
- Uniform Strength. Plywood is known as an extremely strong material with great density.
- Zero Swelling, Shrinking, or Warping: It does not shrink, bend, or swell like a solid. Plywood remains resistant to warping and shrinkage because of its grain structure.
The series of benefits does not end here; it has many more benefits.
Uses of Plywood
Plywood is an affordable and extensively popular engineered wood sheet that has been made from layers of wood. Its main uses are mentioned below:
- Exterior Wall Sheathing: This strong and hard-wearing wood is best for exterior wall construction.
- Interior Walls: This is an easy material to work with which can be cut to fit any indoor space.
- Roofing and flooring: This is the best option for roofing and flooring as it has high water resistance, a high strength-to-weight ratio, and is durable.
- Construction Material: This is the best construction material that can be used for several applications, including floors, roofs, walls, etc.
- Furniture: Its aesthetic appeal and strength make it apt for both, indoor and outdoor furniture.
- Cabinets: Plywood is used to create cabinets for several purposes. It can be painted to cater to the décor of a particular room.
- DIY Projects. It is the best material for DIY projects as it is lightweight, robust, and simple to work with. You can cut, shape, and drill it as per the application requirements.
- Space Shipping and Aviation: This is the best choice for aircraft as it is easy to clean and highly moisture-resistant.
Basically, there are four grades of plywood: A, B, C, and D, and all of them refer to the appearance and quality of the plywood's face and its back veneers. Grade A has the highest quality and is more expensive than others, while D is the least expensive. A-grade plywood has the most sanded and smooth surface, without lumps or knots.
Plywood vs. Other Materials
All furniture designers, interior designers, and home décor experts often make a comparison between plywood and particle board, as both have a crucial role in home interiors. Plywood and its alternatives enable the buyers to customize the colors, size, and shape according to the user’s preference.
Plywood is used to make piles of wood veneer. It has been strongly built and can be used for all types of furniture, be it sofas or wardrobes. For long-standing maintenance and use, plywood is beneficial as it is moisture-resistant. The waterproof properties make it demanded in the marine sector as well.
Q. How can I cut plywood without splintering?
Ans: Use a ruler and a Stanley knife to make an indentation along the length of the cut. It is essential before the process of sawing. Tape the bottom and top of the sheet material, and make a mark on the line of cutting. It is a simple precaution that can do away with the occurrence of splintering, making the cutting process smooth and hassle-free.
Q. Is plywood eco-friendly?
Ans: Plywood is an environmentally friendly material. It has been made from a natural product obtained from a renewable resource. Due to this, it is one of the most environmental friendly decorative products available in the marketplace. It is recyclable and is chosen by those who have an interest in environment conservation.
Q. What are the different grades of plywood, and what do they signify?
Ans: The plywood has several grades, such as BWR plywood, BWP plywood, MR plywood, etc. All grades signify exclusive properties due to which they are apt for assorted applications.
- MR-grade plywood: This moisture-resistant plywood is applicable as commercial-grade plywood.
- BWR plywood is an exterior grade of plywood which can be used for several types of furniture, such as kitchen cabinets, garden tables, lawn chairs, etc.
- Marine plywood, or BWP grade plywood is demanded for woodwork on boats and ships, which have to deal with prolonged exposure to water.
- Flexible plywood, also known as ‘flexi ply’ in India, is used to make rounded shapes in furniture.
Q. Can plywood be used for outdoor projects?
Ans: Yes, exterior plywood can be used for outdoor projects. This kind of plywood is resistant to adverse weather conditions. It can be used in areas exposed to humidity and water. The exterior-grade plywood can be utilized outdoors. But prior to its use, it must be coated with a sealer.
Related Blog Topic:
Popular ProductsHuman HairForklift TrucksServo Voltage StabilizerBasmati RiceBackhoe LoaderCarry Bag Making MachineDrum LifterElectric StackerScissor LiftsIndustrial Vibrating ScreenRotameterFlowmeterRotary Air CompressorIndustrial Eto SterilizerRice Packaging MachinesShredding MachineHammer MillAutomatic Labelling MachineDiesel ForkliftAerial Work PlatformStorage Rack SystemEpoxy ResinMild Steel BarStainless Steel SheetsStainless Steel StripsBag Filling MachinesAsphalt PlantsSlat ConveyorOintment PlantPlanetary MixersLadies KurtisLed LightsCctv CameraBall ValveAnti Cancer MedicineAir CompressorIncense SticksSolar LightsGoods LiftsVitrified TilesStainless Steel Coils