Top Tiles Categories
Explore More Categories
Tiles Manufacturers | Suppliers in India
|Company Name||Location||Member Since|
|Everest Composites Pvt. Ltd.||Vadodara, India||16 Years|
|Annexy International||Morbi, India||15 Years|
|Steuler Industrial Solution (India) Private Limited||Ankleshwar, India||14 Years|
|Oracle Granito Ltd.||Himatnagar, India||13 Years|
|Royal Tile Machines||New Delhi, India||13 Years|
|Devika Industries Inc||Rajkot, India||13 Years|
|Elegant Natural Stones Private Limited||Jaipur, India||12 Years|
|Droit Steel Buildings Private Limited||Kolkata, India||9 Years|
|Ansh Exim||Morbi, India||9 Years|
|Raviraj Enterprises||Mumbai, India||8 Years|
Tile & Their Best Uses
If you've never tried tiling a project, you may be surprised by the range of tiles that are available. Porcelain and ceramic tiles are the most common varieties of tiles, but there are also stone tiles, metal, cement, and glass, to name a few. Moreover, not all tile types are appropriate for all projects, and of course, you have to take your budget into account. It's difficult to avoid feeling a bit overwhelmed, so we did the legwork for you. We've consulted several professionals to help you navigate the world of floor tiles and wall tiles, whether you're looking for something for a project that has to be completed right now or are just making plans.
Types of Tiles
Here are some Different types of Tiles that you can Buy:
- Ceramic Tiles: One of the most popular types of clay-based tiles, ceramic tiles are produced. They are extracted from quarries, processed, and finally molded. Their ability to go well with practically any kind of home design will astound you. The longevity, adaptability, and strong resistance to wear and scratches are the most important characteristics of ceramic tiles. They can sustain years of continuous foot traffic because of their strength. Additionally, they provide a multitude of design options.
- Quarry Tiles: Few individuals are aware that quarry tiles are really made from elements like shale, feldspar, and clay that are crushed together and shaped into tiles, despite the fact that quarry tiles are often believed to come from quarries. These minerals provide a tougher, lower-porous flooring tile that may be utilized both indoors and outside.
- Porcelain Tiles: These are sometimes categorized as a form of ceramic tile due to the little distinction between the two. As a consequence, the material is significantly stronger and more damage-resistant. Porcelain tiles, as opposed to conventional ceramic tiles, may be utilized outdoors due to their low porosity and superior resilience to cold and high temperatures. Porcelain tiles, which come in polished and unpolished varieties, are appropriate for a range of home and light-traffic commercial applications. They may also be found in glazed versions, however, they are not as durable.
- Marble Tiles: These are a great option if your goal is to give your house more visual appeal and elegance. They are made from marble, a naturally durable stone. Marble tiles come in practically any hue because of the variety of the removed component components. Marble tiles also come with a variety of finishing choices, including tumbled, honed, brushed, polished, etc., making them perfect for any room use. However, due to its porous nature, marble tiles are vulnerable to spills and stains.
- Mosaic Tiles: For use in tiny areas like kitchens and bathrooms, mosaic tiles are quite popular. These are essentially tiles with a reduced surface area. The length and breadth of each tile are less than 2 inches. They are thus simpler to implement in smaller spaces. However, employing the proper cutting tools is what results in a stunning finish. A RUBI tile cutter, which provides very precise cutting, is one of the greatest instruments for cutting.
- Travertine Tiles: Travertine, a form of limestone that is the result of natural artesian springs, hot springs, and caverns all over the world, is used to make travertine tiles. The substance comes in a variety of hues and has pits and a rough texture created by organic substances and air bubbles. Travertine tile's fashionable surface gives your interior space light and a natural appearance. The fact that the old Roman buildings you can still see in Italy today were built with travertine gives an indication of the material's durability.
- Granite Tiles: The greatest choice for installing tiles in a location with plenty of foot activity is granite tile. They are constructed of granite, an igneous rock that is hard and solid. This rock's distinctive veining and mineral flecking set it apart from other types of rock, and its combination ensures that no two granite surfaces are exactly the same. Granite tiles have a great reputation in the flooring sector as a consequence. Luxurious businesses have a strong demand for them since they come in a huge variety of colors and give excellent aesthetic value.
Selecting The Right Tiles
Here are some pointers that can help you select the right tiles:
- How to pick the correct size: Make sure there will be as little waste as possible during construction when picking the size. For the bedroom, living room, and dining room, choose tiles that are big in size. The bathroom and kitchen should each have smaller ones. Remember that larger tiles provide the impression of space and produce fewer joint lines.
- Determine the Cost: Calculate the precise number of tiles needed for the flooring and remember to add 10% waste to the total. To make picking the floor tiles a little bit simpler, have a budget in mind.
- Choose the best tile finish: Gloss finish tiles offer a lovely mirror-like gloss that reflects light, brightens the room, and gives the house a feeling of space. Because they tend to get slick when wet, glossy ones shouldn't be utilized in places like the kitchen or bathroom. Ones with a matte surface are non-reflective, slip-resistant, and do not readily display stains or dirt. Additionally, slip-resistant tiles lessen the chance of falling in damp places like the kitchen and bathroom.
- Advice for Design: Tiles come in a wide range of hues and designs. Tiles may now mimic the appearance and texture of genuine materials like marble, wood, and many kinds of natural stone thanks to advances in digital printing technology. Additionally, you may combine and mix two or even more tiles to make a unique design.
Maintenance Tips for Tiles
Here are some maintenance tips for tiles that you can use to improve the look of your tiles:
- Clean it up: Once a week, use warm water to clean your floor. To better the gloss, color, and brightness of your tile, you may also apply a light soap. To prevent harming your tiles, be careful to check with the manufacturer before using any cleaners. To minimize mishaps and to stop fresh dirt from settling into the wet area, be sure to dry your floor soon away after damp mopping.
- Dust and vacuuming: To keep your grout and tile free and clean of grime and dust, use a soft dust mop or a vacuum daily. The simplest and quickest method of flooring maintenance is this.
- Apply doormats: Place doormats on each side of the entrance and exit doors of your house. By doing this, you can prevent dirt or water from tracking inside during bad weather. Use a bath mat to keep your bathroom floor tiles dry if you have them.
- Quickly clean up spills: Clean up spills with absorbent cloths to stop dirt from sliding and gathering. It will also make it less likely for stains to appear on your tile. To clean dirtier spills, use a cleaner or disinfectant. Spills including raw meat and eggs need to be cleaned up more thoroughly to avoid germs growing on your tiles. It would be wise to clean the area with water since the chemicals might dull the tiles.
- Cleanse them well: Use powerful cleaning agents sometimes. By doing this, you may get rid of stains and grease build-up without harming your tiles. Combine one gallon of warm water and half a cup of white vinegar. This organic method is particularly beneficial for kitchens. If you don't have any vinegar on hand, you may use a half cup of unflavoured rubbing alcohol in its place. Hard oil on your flooring may be removed with the use of dish detergent and fresh water. Stains may be removed using a mixture of warm water and scouring power.
- Include area rugs: Place runners or area rugs in locations with plenty of foot traffic. In places like the foyer or family room, this may stop dulling, scratches, and dirt accumulation.
Question: How do I make my tiles last longer?
Ans: To prevent dulling, frequently sweep or clean your tile floors.
Question: How do you keep tiles clean and shiny?
Ans: Maintain the luster and shine of your ceramic floor for longer with a simple soap solution. Get a tile cleaning solution and mix it with water to use in cleaning.
Question: How do I make my tiles look new again?
Ans: Follow the maintained tips that wea ve given above to achieve this.
Question: How often mop the tile floor?
Ans: Plan to mop your bathroom's tile floor once a week and your kitchen's tile floor once every two weeks.
Related Blog Topic: