Historically, men's underwear has served a variety of functions, including concealment, decoration, support, and sexual or erotic expression. When worn, undergarments shield the wearer from the elements and the abrasion of other garments, while also shielding the outer garments from the wearer. Covering up in socially and morally appropriate ways helps maintain modesty.
There are so many options when it comes to mens underwear that picking the right style can be difficult. And nothing can ruin your day quite like donning the incorrect pair of jeans. The constant wriggling and scratching are annoying and irritating.
From 2019 to 2025, the market for men's underwear is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.3%. The rising number of millennials, combined with their interest in health, the ideal fit, and good hygiene practices, is likely to be a major development driver. As more goods and styles that are appropriate for sports, everyday wear, and functional wear become available, it is expected that demand will increase.
The market is anticipated to expand on account of rising fashion trends, rising disposable income, and shifting consumer lifestyle and desire. One of the main aspects driving the market is the growing awareness of the fabric used to make underwear.
Products' popularity stems, in part, from the wide range of materials that may be used to make them: polyester, cotton, rayon, silk, nylon, and cotton mixes. In order to reach a wider audience, manufacturers provide a wide variety of intimate product styles, including thongs, C-strings, tangas, and jockstraps.
How to Start Men’s Undergarments (EOU) Manufacturing Industry
1. Understand the Uses of Men’s Undergarments
- Variety: The wide variety of fabrics, cuts, and colors now available for men's underwear means that they can satisfy a wide range of tastes. A beginner mens underwear manufacturer may get Men's Undergarment (EOU) that is both lightweight and comfortable against the skin thanks to the use of cotton lycra blends or microfiber textiles. These fabrics are also great for those who experience irritation when wearing more commonly used materials like cotton or polyester.
- Cost Effective: Men's underwear (EOU) is a great investment because it requires little care and lasts for a very long time without becoming worn. Unlike many other articles of clothing, men's underwear (EOU) can be washed and worn multiple times before needing to be replaced owing to wear and tear. Compared to constantly updating one's wardrobe with new garments, Men's Undergarment (EOU) is a cost-effective alternative.
- Health Benefits: In addition to providing a more comfortable and secure fit, men's underwear (EOU) is designed to absorb perspiration more effectively than traditional underwear like briefs or boxer shorts, making it an excellent choice for preventing the spread of infections brought on by perspiration. They aid in fitness and health by preventing rashes and infections in the genital area.
- Convenience: One of the many advantages of EOU is that it allows guys to work out without having to change into shorts. Men's Undergarment (EOU) acts as a buffer between your skin and your pants, allowing you to move freely and enjoy your exercises and sports more.
- Better Absorption: Men's underwear (EOU) protects against sweat and chafing, allowing for more comfortable exercise and sports. Men's underwear (EOU) helps absorb sweat and keep skin dry.
2. Determine the Bank Account You Need
Finding the best bank for your company needs among the hundreds available can be a daunting task.
Most of experienced men's underwear manufacturers in India suggest the following things:
- Location: Is your bank conveniently located for you to make deposits and withdrawals?
- Low Fees: Always ask questions and get clear answers before opening a bank account. Get a list if you need one; financial institutions typically bury such information deep in the tiny print and only make it available upon request.
- Online Banking services: Make sure you have quick access to whatever you might need and that navigating your online portal is simple.
- Credit Availability Term: What are your choices if you don't need this right now but think you might in the future?
Below, we detail the "pre-opening" costs associated with launching a men's underwear line under two frequent scenarios:
- The bare bones minimum to get started is predicted to be $12.
- Initial costs are predicted to be as high as $27,209.
4. Making Men's Underwear from Start to Finish
The process of creating Men's Underwear involves multiple steps. Here is a rundown of the most important things that need to happen:
- Cutting: Assemble your Men's Underwear by cutting out the parts and laying them out on pattern paper for easier handling. Brand it with a logo and some sewing directions.
- Stamping & Screen Printing: Apply ink to a sponge and use it as a canvas to create patterns on men's underwear. Instructions on where, when, and how to use a manual or automatic sewing machine are printed or embroidered on men's underwear.
- Folding & trimming: Men's underwear should be folded individually. Edge trimmer used prior to folding to ensure there is no visible seam when folded.
- Packing: Manually or mechanically packing men's underwear into multiple pairs per bag in accordance with the number of items being sent. After packing, load pallets with men's underwear.
- Delivery: Last stage before shipping Men's Underwear to customers.
5. Purchasing Inventory for Your Undergarment Brand
To successfully purchase inventory, one must first conduct thorough research and preparation.
- Find out who you're trying to reach: Determine the demographics of your target market, including age, gender, and annual income. This is crucial in determining how much of a certain item to order in anticipation of sales.
- Investigate your rivals: Determine the range of prices, materials, and styles currently available by conducting other mens underwear brands market research. You can use this information to evaluate what's popular and how you might improve your own offerings and those of your rivals.
- Make a list of items you need more of so you don't run out: Figure out what you'll need to get your firm off the ground, and set a budget you can stick to. Do not be afraid of making a humble beginning.
- Shipping Schedule: Inventories should be delivered at times that correspond with peak demand and seasonal patterns of purchase.
6. Set the Price Structure
Setting prices for men's underwear is one of the trickiest parts of launching a new underwear line. Under pricing a product can have devastating effects on a company's bottom line and reputation.
When deciding on a price for your goods, keep in mind the following:
- Learn who your customer is: It's crucial to know right off the bat what kind of clientele you're targeting, as well as the price point that will appeal to them. Customer surveys are an excellent tool for this.
- Know your expenses: Identifying your costs and then adding a markup to your men's underwear prices to account for a profit is essential.
- Set monetary targets: The break-even point should be taken into consideration (by completing the above step). You need breakeven point-based mens underwear price goal planning. Think about how many products you want to sell in a specific time frame (make sure this is a realistic number). Estimate your sales volume by dividing your total sales forecast by your expected revenue.
Just how do you intend to get the word out about your store?
- Create a unique and memorable moniker that will stick in people's minds.
- Locate your store in a high-traffic area, such as a shopping mall.
- Distribute printed flyers to nearby store patrons and anybody else you happen to meet.
- Making a personal website from scratch, complete with an online gallery and shopping cart.
Once you've determined the type of manufacturer/supplier most suited to bringing your idea to fruition, you can begin your search on Tradeindia.com.
It can be challenging to get a new company off the ground. Patience and perseverance are the two most important ingredients in making it work. If you invest in marketing and produce only the best underwear, you can expect to become a household name in no time.
Instead of scrambling to meet deadlines with little regard for quality or efficiency, excellent business planning can help you achieve your objectives methodically with a step-by-step approach.
FAQs: Men’s Undergarments
Q. What is the best underwear for men?
Ans: HANES Comfort Flex Fit Boxer underwear is the best and strong underwear for men. Don't expect these to be the Hanes briefs you remember from your adolescence. You'll have the best underwear for ball support ever thanks to the brand's new boxer brief, which was created this year to help men discover their "ball-ance" with a supporting mesh pouch that keeps your man junk where you want it to be.
Q. How to know the underwear is not of right size?
Ans: Your underwear leg openings should be slightly curved in the front and rear so that they rest softly on your cheeks.
There shouldn't be any excess material in the crotch, either in the back or the front. There shouldn't be any loose drooping or wedgies (from the back or the front) from being overly tight.