Fruits and vegetables from frozen meals are a cheap and convenient method to achieve your recommended daily intake of these nutrients. Frozen meals may improve the nutritional value of a family's diet if they are regularly consumed. For the most part, frozen food keeps all of its nutritional value, including vitamins and minerals. Since fresh foods lose vitamins and minerals over time, frozen foods may have more vitamins and minerals than fresh meals.
Frozen and ready-to-eat meals and convenience items can be healthful if you compare Nutrition Facts labels. Even if you just consume half of a frozen dinner's worth of calories and nutrients, please remember that some are classified as "more than one serving," which means you'll need to multiply the amounts given in the Nutritional Info by two or three.
Indian Frozen food market- An Overview (2022- 2027)
A CAGR of 16.2 percent is predicted between 2022 and 2027, according to the IMARC Group's forecast.
- The market's expansion has been fueled by increased disposable incomes and better living conditions.
- Many frozen snack manufacturers items are now available in the market since modern supermarkets and food stores have cold chain facilities.
- In turn, this has expanded the market for frozen food in the region due to India's big young population and the impact of western eating culture.
In India, starting a food company is usually lucrative. In contrast, if you want to establish a business in a big city, starting a frozen food company may be your best bet.
There are many professional spouses and young unmarried individuals in metropolitan India who have little time to prepare food since they live distant from their parents. The need for frozen meals has risen in this circumstance.
- Frozen Fruits and Vegetables
- Frozen Vegetable Snacks
- Frozen Meat items
Indian Frozen Food market, By distribution channel
- Convenience stores
- Specialty shops
- Departmental stores
- Direct Sales
- Online Sale platform
How to start a Frozen food business in India?
Here are some easy steps to start your own business:
1. Select your target audience
Any firm must take this step. You need to know about your target audience, your location, your customers' needs, and the frozen food near me you'll be serving while you're doing market research.
Targeted demographics for your product include college students and working women; bachelors; grocery shops, food chains, and canteens; and college students. Using this data, you may develop the ideal marketing campaign to better serve your clients.
A Chartered Accountant is your best choice if you need in-depth market research or support.
2. Choosing an ideal location
You need to choose a nice location if you want to be profitable in the frozen food market. If you established your shop in an area with a lot of foot traffic, you'll have an edge.
On their return trip from the office, your target audience should be able to pick up the frozen items they want from your store. You can start in a marketplace, at a city bus stop, or in an estate.
Even if you don't have a lot of money to invest, you may start your own business at home.
Your product's quality, cleanliness, and flavor might all be improved with the use of homemade frozen food.
3. Mandatory License & permits
Frozen food businesses must have the appropriate licenses to avoid being exposed and breaking the law.
In certain situations, the government has the authority to close your store until you acquire the proper permissions.
Taking a shop out of service for some time won't have a huge impact on other companies. For a frozen food firm, however, a closed shop means that your inventories may decay or perish, putting your whole investment at risk.
The following are some of the most important documentation tasks you'll have to complete:
- ISO Certificate
- FSSAI registration
- GST Registration
- APEDA Registration
- Bank IFSC
- Valid Mobile number
- Email ID
- Bank Account
- The Trademark for protecting the brand name
4. Get in touch with the right vendors
The secret to winning is selecting reliable vendors that can provide high-quality products. The food must be fresh and of excellent quality, and the expiration date must be strictly adhered to by the suppliers.
Your clients will want frozen food products regularly; thus, you must maintain your inventory stocked. Customers will flock to your competitor's business if there is a lack of inventory.
In addition, you need to find a supplier that can provide you with reduced items. The extra money gained will allow you to provide discounts to your clients, increasing your chances of profitability.
5. Obtain the appropriate equipment
To get the firm off the ground, you'll need things like freezers, scales, and delivery trucks, amongst other things. If you're just starting, you'll need a freezer, whether it's a brand-new one or a gently-used model.
You'll need weighing scales, freezers, generators, and other equipment or appliances to get the job done.
Without a freezer, you won't be able to save any of your frozen food. If you don't have the funds to purchase a brand-new one, a used one will do as long as it meets your needs.
Included with the first investment:
- A retail facility's rental fee
- Buying ice cube trays, freezers, and knives
- Frozen food supplies might be procured
- Recruiting labor
Even though the frozen food industry is still in its infancy in India, the new entrepreneur faces several significant obstacles. They include:
- Shortage of workers and the brain drain are the two biggest challenges facing this business.
- Many well-known businesses are vying for customers' attention in an already crowded retail landscape.
- Preserving raw and semi-cooked non-vegetarian food requires a large investment in infrastructure.
- In rural and semi-urban areas, consumer awareness is minimal.
- Frozen food distribution in Indian Areas is underdeveloped.
- The lack of freezer capacity at the retail locations
- Large players like ITC and several Indian firms have been drawn to the packaged frozen food market because of its healthy 20 percent annual growth rate.
- When launching a new food product in India, it is important to take into account the wide range of customer tastes and preferences across the country, as well as the potential market size that might be targeted.
- It has been a boon to the food service business to have frozen food. These days, only a very small percentage of food service firms could get by without frozen food.
7. Building a Marketing Strategy
How to create a frozen food business an accomplishment? One of the most significant solutions to this issue is advertising and marketing. A SWOT analysis is necessary for planning both online and offline marketing tactics.
In a SWOT analysis, it is important to look at the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. ' This gives you a better idea of where you stand in the marketplace.
Modern marketing strategies, such as website building and SEO, should also be utilized to draw in the desired audience. You'll have a better understanding of your place in the Indian frozen food industry by doing this.
Why you should start a Frozen food business?
Investing in a frozen food company in cities such as Bangalore, Mumbai Delhi, or Hyderabad. Because of the frantic pace of city life and the consequent lack of leisure time, such foods would be in higher demand in metropolitan regions.
Such foods would be in more demand in cities because of the fast-paced, time-constrained nature of city living.
Grocery shops and frozen food online retailers like Grofers, BigBasket, and the like carry these goods. Frozen fruits and Frozen vegetables, as well as frozen treats, are among the most regularly purchased frozen goods.
Merchants and online food retailers have frozen items on hand because of this.
Following the procedures outlined above will help you become a portion of the frozen food industry in India and make more money. To prevent penalties and legal complications, you must complete all of the legal documentation requirements before establishing your firm.
Company creation and trademark registration are two of the first steps you should do before launching a frozen food business in India.
FAQs: Frozen Food
Q. Do I need a license to establish a frozen food business in the country of India?
Ans. Yes, to sell frozen food products and manage a frozen food business anywhere in the country, all proprietors are required to get an FSSAI license. Food enterprises hang a revenue of between INR 12 lakh and INR 20 crore are eligible for a state license.
Q. How should Frozen food be packaged?
Ans. Food that is ready to consume is best preserved by freezing. If you're going to transport frozen food, you'll need to make sure the cooler you use has a good amount of cubes or blocks in it to keep everything cold. You may also put the meal in a sealed plastic bag with ice cubes and store it in the freezer. If the destination is far away, you can even pack your items in additional thick towels.
Q. Which are the best online stores to sell Frozen food in India?
Ans. Operating an online business is both easier and more cost-effective than managing a brick-and-mortar firm. Here are top websites where you can sell your product easily:
- Bigbasket- For Android and iOS users
- Grofers- For Android and iOS users
- Paytm Mall- For Android and iOS users
- Dunzo: For Android and iOS users