Henna & Henna Products: To Give Hands and Hair an Eye Catching Look
The only specie of lawsonia genus, henna is a flowering plant that generally grows in hot and dry climates. It is widely used, specifically in Arab and south Asian countries to make henna products. The term “henna products” encompasses various types of mehndis that people use, ranging from the ones applied to hair to hide grey hair to the ones applied on hands and feet during an occasion. It won't be an exaggeration to state that in India, no joyous occasion, whether it be a marriage or a festival is complete without the use of Henna & Henna products, with females of all age groups ( sometimes males also) seemingly besotted by it.
To make henna products, henna leaves are harvested, dried and powdered. An important thing to note here is that although harvested in many countries, the natural color of henna is similar everywhere. The various color permutations we see are created by dyeing it in various colors, through the addition of synthetic dyes and also other plant dyes. As mentioned above, henna & henna products are available in wide assortment, some notable examples of that are chestnut henna, black henna powder, henna dyes, henna shampoo, henna tattoos, henna leaf powder, mehndi powder and many more.
Health Benefits of Henna & Henna Products
* Henna prevents dandruff and also nourishes the scalp
* It also has plenty of medicinal features such as anti inflammatory, anti bacterial, hypotensive properties
* One notable feature of henna is its ability to protect the skin against infections, making it ideal for being applied on burns, scrapes and wounds
* According to the Ayurveda belief system, henna also has the ability to bring down fevers and cure headaches
* Although not widely researched, a lot of people believe that henna also has anti aging properties and is ideal for reducing the common signs of aging, i.e – wrinkles
* It is also known to improve the body's immune system