Gallic acidSynonym: 3,4,5-Trihydroxybenzoic acidCAS Number 149-91-7 Linear Formula (HO)3C6H2CO2H Molecular Weight 170.12PropertiesRelated CategoriesA-L, Acacia, Acid, Additional Standards, Alcoholic & Nonalcoholic Beverages,All Alphabetically Sorted, Alphabetical Index of Phytochemical Standards, Analytical...
- Melting Point : 260 °C (500 °F; 533 K)
- Molecular Weight : 170.12 Grams (g)
- Usage : Gallic acid is mainly used as a synthetic intermediate for the production of pyrogallol and gallic acid esters used in the food and pharmaceutical industries (Deschamps and Lebeault, 1984). In terms of pharmaceutical production, gallic acid is used in the synthesis of trimethoprim.
- Appearance : White, yellowish-white, or; pale fawn-colored crystals
- Molecular Formula : C7H6O5
- Sample Policy : Sample costs shipping and taxes has to be paid by the buyer