About Cricket Bats
We all grew up having a honest fascination with cricket bats. Made from willow wood, cricket bats are the kind of specific piece of equipment used by batsman to hit the ball when playing a cricket match. Their designs include a handle attached to the flat-fronted rectangular-shaped wooden blade.
Cricket bats are only made from wood, according to the set of rules displayed in Laws of Cricket. These are the essentials if playing a cricket match. Cricket bat and ball are the two main equipment. Moreover, the length of a cricket bat shall never be more than 38 inches i.e., 96.52 cm, width shall not exceed 4.25 inches (10.75 cm), edge and depth shall also not exceed 1.56 inches (4 cm) and 2.64 inches (6.7 cm), respectively.
FAQ's related to cricket bats:-
Q.1 Which points to consider whilst buying a cricket bat?
1) Check which type of cricket bat you want
2) Feel the weight
3) Swing it to judge its proper functionality or handle
4) Count the grain lines
5) Check for any damage or crack
6) Choose pre-tested cricket bat if you are a beginner
Q.2 What is the material used to make cricket bats?
Cricket bats are made of willow wood.
Q.3 What are the types of cricket bats?
1) There are only a few types of professional cricket bats:
2) Kashmiri willow bat: Handmade and expensive bats
3) English willow bat: Very light-weighted and smooth
4) Softball cricket bat
5) Training cricket bat
Q.4 What are the required maintenance for using cricket bats?
It is widely recommended to have two things done before using cricket bats i.e., knocking in and oiling to avoid bat snapping, warping or splitting.