Being a market leader in this domain, we are having the sellers dealing with the best quality of PLCs. Their sturdy construction and high functionality make them highly demandable. You can choose from a range of PLC including Logic Controllers, Relay Logic Control Panels and more.
PLC stands for programmable controller, an industrial digital computer that is used to control machines and various manufacturing processes. PLC has flexibility in programming and reprogramming. It collects the information from different sensors. It is used for automation of typically industrial electro-mechanical processes, such as control of machinery on factory assembly lines, amusement rides and light fixtures. PLCs are designed to replace the hard-wired relays, timers and sequencers.
There are two Types of PLC
- Transistor based PLC
- Relay based PLC
Advantages of PLC
- It has very faster scan time.
- It has great computational capabilities.
- It has shorter training time required.
- A wide range of control application.
- It has interfacing for inputs and outputs already inside the controller.
- It is easily programmed and has an easily understood programming language.
- Its project cost can be accurately calculated.
- It has supervisory control capability.
- Trouble shooting is easier and faster.
- It has high speed counters.
- It has shorter project implementation time.
- It has reliability in operation.
FAQ's related to Programmable logic Controllers :-
Q.1 What are programmable logic controllers used(PLC) for?
It is an industrial automation computer which is equipped to control the manufacturing processes and machines such as robotic devices or assembly lines. These ruggedized computers are reliable to performing during any extreme conditions.
Q.2 Which type of controller is used in PLC?
Operation-based PLCs are:
1. Transistor based PLC - Fast-switching operation (control stepper monitor)
2. Relay based PLC - Normal-switching operation (On/Off)
Size-based PLCs are:
1. Modular - One can extend the limit of I/O module or external card
2. Compact - One can not extend the limit of I/O
Q.3 What are the features of PLC?
PLC is ruggedized computer i.e., it has extreme tolerance level (dust, vibration, airborne particulates, moisture). It offers immense input/output (I/O), machine vision, high reliability, flexibility, powerful easy-operation.
Q.4 What are the functionality areas of PLC?
PLC is responsible for performing several automation processes which incorporate: networking, sequential relay control, process control, motion control and distributed control systems. PVC also poses same functionality as desktop computer such as communication capabilities, storage, data handling, and processing power.
Q.5 What is the capacity of PLC systems?
Soft PLC systems have capacity of over 16K I/O which incorporates digital, analog and specialty. You can manage upto 16 distinct I/O systems over one PLC system.