Our Heat Pipe Demonstartor is a latest development in the field of Heat Transfer and finds its application from spacecraft to Kitchen. It involves the transfer of heat by boiling and condensation of a fluid and hence transfer of heat takes place under nearly isothermal conditions.
The heat pipe demonstrator has been designed and developed to clearly reveal this space age superconducting device to engineering students. It consists of 3 identical cylindrical conductors in respect of geometry. One end of these is heated electrically while there are small capacity tanks acting as heat sinks at the other end. The unit consists of a heat pipe, a copper pipe and a stainless steel pipe. Thermocouples are embedded along the lengths to measure the temperature distribution and the heat transfer rate is noted in terms of the temperature rise in the heat sink tanks.
1. Heat Pipe - the space age super-conducting device can be understood well.
2. The comparison of heat pipe with the conventional conductors of copper and stainless steel could be made.
3. Ideal for group studies and demonstration.
1) O.D. of heat pipe = 30mm
2) Stainless Steel pipe = 30mm
Copper pipe = 30mm
Length of the pipes = 350 mm each.
3) Condenser tank size = 150x 100 x 100mm capacity about 2 liter of water.
4) Working fluid in heat pipe distilled water.
5) Dimmerstat 0-4A, 0-260 V.
6) Wattmeter 0-125 / 250 W panel type.
7) Heater-Nichrome heaters with ceramic beads.