Our Parallel Flow/Counter Flow Heat Exchangers are devices in which heat is tranferred from one fluid to another. Common examples of ;heat exchangers are radiator of a car, condenser at the back of a domestic refrigetator and steam boiler of a thermal and thermal power plant. Tha apparatus consists of a tube in tube type concentric tube heat exchanger Hot fluid flows through inner tube and cold water flows over the tube. According to the instruction given on the board direction of cold fluid flow can be changed from parallel flow to counter flow arrangement.
Thermometers are provided for temperature measurement. Electric ceyser s used to heat the water. Flow rates of hot and cold water are measured with the help of measuring flask and stop clock. Outer tube of of heat exchanger is provided with adequate thermocc insulation to minimise heat to minimize heat losses.
Specifications of Parallel Flow/Counter Flow Heat Exchanger:
1) Length of Heat Exchange 1.6 m
2) Outer lite material G.I. ID. - 27.5mm O.D. - 33.8mm
3) Inner tube material - Copper O.D, 12.7mm
4) Thermometers - 0 to 500C - 2nos.10 to 1000C - 2nos.
5) Geyser - Instantaneous type. 3 kw capacity - 1 no.
6) Measuring flask - 1000 with stop clock.
1. Both parallel and counter flow arrangements can be stucked on the same set-up with simple operation of valves.
2. Insulated test section gives better results