We offer our customers a wide range of Michell Tilting Pad Bearing Apparatus. The Michell Tilting Pad Bearing Apparatus consists of a pad which can be tilted to the required angle. An endless belt, which moves beneath the pad, carries the oil over its surface from oil bath. When the pad tilted over the oil film, pressure is developed. The pad is provided with pressure tapping parallel & perpendicular to belt direction. The pressure distribution is measured over a multitube manometer; belt is driven by a variable speed motor. The tilting angle and minimum gap between pad and belt can be adjusted and characteristics thus can be studied at various gaps, inclination & relative surface speeds.
Specifications of Michell Tilting Pad Bearing Apparatus:
1. Tilting Pad--Circular, Square & Trapezoidal shapes one each, with highly polished surface and pressure tapping.
2. Endless Belt running over wide pulleys, immersed in oil bath.
3. Drive Motor -- 1/2 HP. 1500 rpm, D.C. with dimmer stat to vary the speed.
4. Fifteen tube manometer to measure the pressure developed along & across the belt direction.
5. Arrangement for measurement of inclination and gap. A technical manual accompanies the unit.
SERVICES REQUIRED :-
1. 230V, stabilized AC supply with earthing.
2. Floor space of approx. 1m. X 1.5m.
3. SAE-40 oil for carrying the test.(approx. 5 lit.)