Salient Features of Ghana Modified Hand Pump :-
* The Chain Link conversion head is made of galvanized steel and is equipped with double-sealed flange bearings. Flange bearing are used for the handle support.
* The spout of the water tank shall be made of 2 inch nominal diameter pipe. The pipe holder in the water tank shall be welded to a smaller flange. Adequate sealing is provided.
* The pump body shall have a base plate with four foundation bolt holes exactly 9 inches square (i.e. 228.6mm) and a diameter of 20mm (Bore size) to conform to the CWSA Ghanaian standards.
* The pump stand will be fixed on a ground fixing assembly with a suitable rubber gasket The foundation bolts shall be of ΓΈ 16mm, length 160mm with at least 30m thread at the upper end. The foundation bolts are welded on a frame of steel rods. The four ΓΈ 16mm, length 160mm foundation bolts have to fit the above mentioned foot flange. The ground fixing assembly has to be brought in position in the fresh concrete, so that a minimum of 30mm of thread remains out of the concrete.
* Riser Pipe with tip-stretched (not welded-on) spigot (male end) and socket (female end), for connection purposes furnished with male/female Rope Thread at pipe and to avoid wear and tear between the rods and pipes during operation a centralizer is to be provided
* The 10.8 mm dia stainless steel pump rods for the connection to the above mentioned GMIMKII reciprocating hand pumps shall have rolled on threads