Ammonium molybdate is an odorless crystalline compound ranging in color from white to yellow-green. Also called molybdic acid hexammonium salt tetrahydrate, ammonium molybdate tetrahydrate, and ammonium heptamolybdate tetrahydrate, it finds application across diverse range of industries.
* as an analytical reagent to find the
* presence of phosphates, silicates,
* arsenates and lead in pigments
* in the production of molybdenum metal
* and ceramics
* in the preparation of dehydrogenation
* and desulphurisation catalysts
* in the fixing of metals
* in electroplating
* in fertilizers for crops.