1. Manufacturing of various types of Shaving cutters such as conventional, diagonal, under-pass and plunge-cut are undertaken
2. Special profiles are incorporated on the Cutter to generate tip relief, profile crowning, lead crowning, etc., on component
3. The Shaving machine at MHI-IPT tries out the Shaving cutter manufactured here, to confirm the profile accuracy. This is done at extra cost with necessary mandrels, component blanks, etc., supplied by the customer
4. Pre-shaved tools like Hobs/Shaping cutters along with Shaving cutters can be supplied from a single source - MHI-IPT. Hence, design parameters can be worked out to achieve optimum results on the components
5. Gear Shaving cutters made out of special steel will be supplied for specific applications
6. Re-sharpening of cutters as well as imported cutters are carried out. Customers have to furnish the re-sharpening chart along with other make and imported cutters.